Hello October - A New Look, A Could-List and Plans Ahead

5 Oct 2020


Hii October! Can you believe we're on our fifth day of the tenth month in 2020? I'm hoping we can all make the most of the last few months and really enjoy them so please October if you're listening! Throw some positive vibes over the world!

September has been and went, the weather is slowly changing and the nights are getting darker. I've since dug out my hot water bottle, extra fleecy blankets and invested in an Autumnal duvet set. Although I never got anywhere near as much blogging as I'd hoped done, I know this month I will as Octobers one of my favourites!

It is Domestic Violence Awareness Month and OCD Awareness Week 11-17th, two very important topics I want to highlight this month in some way. There is also Halloween to look forward to and my sisters birthday at the end of the month and I'm currently organising a little afternoon tea for her with just my mum and I. 

I had planned on writing a post on the first but when I kept coming back to my blog I wasn't enjoying it. The layout, the design, and even my motivation was lacking with everything that's going on and the unsurety of it all. It's for that reason I decided to give Voluptuous Chatterbox a little bit of a makeover. I've added some changes and everything spaced out and not all thrown on the screen like two sidebars. It kept me busy and my mind actively distracted for about three days which was what I needed. What do you think of it? 

Every month I set myself "could-do" lists instead of To do to ease the pressure of myself if I don't complete certain tasks I've added on and this month is no different. I've included below things I hope to accomplish. 

- I may tackle my bedroom and give it a repaint - 

- I'm going to paint the skirting boards in my hallway -

- Carve a pumpkin (something simple which I didn't do last year but wanted to)

- Do a Halloween inspired outfit or makeup look - 

- Try pumpkin spiced latte! - 

- Take a walk in the crisp, cold air and enjoy the changing seasons - 

- Bake some spooky treats - 

- Read a Halloween themed short story or book (I'm behind on my reading goals) -

- snuggle on the sofa under blankets with popcorn and watch a movie (Hocus Pocus or Practical Magic for sure) - 

- Make some quick and easy Halloween crafts to display - 

That is it! 10 things I'd like to do this month! 

What do you like most about October? Is there anything you're looking forward to? Let me know below!

19 comments:

  1. I need to make myself 'could-do' list too! I always stress myself with endless 'to-do' lists...I hope you enjoy October and can't wait to see more content from you :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It takes so much pressure of myself if I don't complete a task I set myself! I would thoroughly recommend it. Thank you, I hope you enjoy October to.

      Delete
  2. That's a great list. I'm looking to do some Halloween crafts too. Good luck!
    xoxo
    Lovely
    www.mynameislovely.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! You can't beat a little time crafting! It's so relaxing. Thank you. Hope you have fun doing Halloween themed crafts!

      Delete
  3. I'm looking forward to baking some spooky treats!

    Love, Amie ❤
    The Curvaceous Vegan

    ReplyDelete
  4. Although I'm a proper summer baby I would say October is usually one of my favourite months, though I don't have much planned this year haha! Sounds like you've a really full to do list!!

    Grace x

    https://www.gracebee.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm with you on being a summer baby! October is such a fab month so so many things possible. That can be a good thing not having much planned! :)

      Delete
  5. Great list! I love the idea of a "could-do" list to relieve some of the pressure. And so many lovely autumnal activities, I hope you achieve them all ☺️

    Anika | chaptersofmay.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! It really does take some pressure away to enjoy the month! Thank you, hope you've an awesome month ahead. :)

      Delete
  6. I love the idea of a could-do list. October is the time of year where I like to snuggle under blankets and wash films.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That sounds absolutely perfect! I hope you get plenty of opportunity to do that.

      Delete
  7. I love October too! I love the cooler weather. Fall is definitely one of my favorite seasons!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Especially if you can get cosy, nothing beats it! I hope you have a fab Fall season! :)

      Delete
  8. Love your list of things to do this month! I want to bake some spooky treats for Halloween this year too. October has been great so far. I love the colder weather x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, hope you get to bake some to enjoy. So glad your Octobers been great. :) xx

      Delete
  9. I love a to do list! I really want to get organised for Christmas this month and visit a pumpkin patch xx

    http://www.dellalovesnutella.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me to, especially if I manage to actually tick things off! Yess! Christmas will be closer in no time! I hope you enjoy the pumpkin patch. I've always wanted to go to one! :)

      Delete
  10. You'll definitely have a productive October :) wishing you could all achieve them. I dont have any particular plan for the month but I hope I can still manage my job and my blog lol

    ReplyDelete