Christmas is coming, Time for a blogmas kick off!

1 Dec 2021



Twinkling lights along the houses, the shop window displays. Smiles upon faces with stressed-out sighs. It's Christmas. Santa's coming. Can you feel it though? That feeling of going home, hopefully being able to see family and friends this year. Hope. 

I absolutely love this time of year, November is always a month I dislike, for me it's a stop-gap between Halloween and Christmas Day and I'm just itching for December 1st to roll around so I can really begin the festivities. 

This month I plan on doing 12 days of Blogmas and that means I'm writing a blog post on all the even-numbered dates right up to Christmas Day. I chose 12 days as every year I overwhelm myself with writing 24 days and halfway through the month I end up not publishing any of the posts which always makes me feel so disheartened when I never publish them. 

Over on A Bookish Redhead though? That's a whole different story, I plan on doing 25 days and that's because I've most of the posts already written out and just need to type them up so I'm hoping I stick to it. If you love reading, adding books to an out-of-control TBR pile, or reading interviews with some amazing authors then I highly suggest you check out my book blog which I'm trying to revive this month. 

This Christmas is a bit different for Lee and me, it's our second Christmas together but with a lot of places being closed and events cancelled last year we never actually got to go out for dinner or to the Christmas market etc. We did have an amazing first Christmas but this year we can go on those dates we wanted to as long as it's safe to do so and we've already gone to a local Christmas Tree Light Switch on and market which was so much fun. 

For the first time, I had candy floss on a stick, something which I've always wanted to try! The man did give us a trick to pick it off and not dig our faces right into it which we all know is the fun way. 




There was also a really nice stall that was selling bookmarks and I was able to grab some stocking fillers for my mum, sister and also treat myself. I'm hoping to feature them more this month. 

I've so much more planned for this month which is why I've made a little December could-do list. 

- Write Christmas Cards -
- Christmas Market - 
- build gingerbread house - 
- Long walk and grab some hot chocolate - 
- Kiss under the mistletoe - 
- have a festive cocktail - 
- Read a Christmas book -
- Bake Christmas treats - 
- Have a Christmas Movie marathon - 
- Do something for charity -

What do you have planned for this month? Are you doing blogmas? 

3 comments:

  1. i've always wanted to go to a christmas market - and honestly the US just doesn't seem to do them like other places it seems. hope you have a wonderful holiday and can't wait to read the rest of your blogmas posts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't wait to read the rest of it all, happy holidays

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your idea of a December "could-do" list instead of "to-do" - and your list is so much fun! Thanks for sharing this
    xx Dating B.

    ReplyDelete