The Single Woman 30 Day Challenge - Day 9: Your favorite “weird/funny single behavior” – Anything you do that is uniquely YOU

23 Feb 2014

I am taking part in The Single Woman’s 30 Day challenge... More info is HERE. If you've took part leave a link below to your post I'd love to read it.

What's your favourite “weird/funny single behavior” – Anything you do that is uniquely YOU.



I have specific ways that things have to be done and if there done "wrong" then my anxiety goes up. My OCD is really bad at night.. It takes me ages going to bed although it used to take me hours upon hours (NO JOKE) to get ready for bed. So.. thinking about it I have been helping myself.

If I switch of a light but it doesn't feel right I will keep switching it on and off until it feels just right! I could be standing there all night long and I have before.. Not just lights, but touching something also until it feels right.

Okay.. so it's not a weird,funny or single behaviour but it's something that is uniquely me and something that I don't believe I'll ever get over.

OCD affects so many people and not that many actually know what it's like! It's awful, and hard, embarrassing and it's a struggle every single day! I dread going to bed so much so that it's the reason why I sometimes stay up all night..

No one knows how it is triggered and I wish I knew I really do. 

I used to be embarrassed and ashamed of my OCD but there are loads of people out there suffering from it.. and I'm happy to admit.. I HAVE OCD... It does not define me! It is apart of me!

Coronation Street actor and patron of OCD-UK Ian Puleston-Davies has spoken out about his experience with OCD and how to understand it better. He has also spoke on ITV programme Lorraine.  I believe he gives people the courage and strength to speak out about their OCD and to not hide away and be ashamed of it. It can ruin your life and is more common than anyone may think.

It's true what someone said in an OCD UK video..
"OCD may have won a few battles, but it won't win the war!"

What about you? What's your favourite weird/funny/single behaviour?

No comments

Post a Comment