My online dating experience.. and why I show my middle finger to it!

23 Apr 2014

I signed up for an account on Plenty of Fish around 4 weeks ago and I think it deserves a name change to Plenty of Pigs! (No actually.. I love pigs.. pigs are too nice to even be considered in the same sentence) More like Plenty of Morons! (I know very original)

I decided to embrace the unknown and give online dating a try although sitting here now I know my whole perspective has changed. I was insulted and left feeling a mixture of emotions. Apparently alot of men feel brave behind a computer and a keyboard and think it's okay to insult and give verbal abuse to someone they know nothing about or to judge them by a picture.  I think they should grow some balls, grow up and respect a lady! (I promise am a lady.. most of the time! ;))

doubtful

The majority of men MESSAGED ME not the other way around. I feel the need to point that out plus I had it stated on my profile my body type, what I was looking for, (which I don't believe matters) and that I'd send them a picture upon their request!)

There was one thing that seemed to stick the whole time and that was my weight, my fat, my belly, my over sized stomach! They all didn't want to talk to me after I sent them a picture of myself. I know I should feel insulted but I don't because it just proves I obviously am to big for there shallow little minds. They also seemed to think that because of my weight I was attracted to them and out for what I could get! Anyone that knows me well knows I'm high maintenance plus I may be a BBW but that don't mean I'm attracted to every guy in sight.. I do get options!

Three things I learnt from my experience:
1, Those men cannot read.
2, Those men must have only been looking for one thing only (S.E.X) and therefore did not bother to read my profile!
3, Read number 1 and 2!
Woah!
That being said I did talk to a few genuine guys who seemed nice enough but I didn't really feel a click with any of them.. it seemed to be all heading in the friendship zone. Probably cause I can have a bit of banter with them and a good conversation. Although there was one... it seemed perfect at first! After 10 messages he told me he thought I was the one and I fell head over heels in love with him so when he asked me to give him my bank details so he could come visit me I instantly jumped at the chance...  
....
.....
......
Do people really think you're that gullible (stupid) in todays day and age? REALLY? Actually don't answer that.. I decided the distance was to far and going to be a struggle... he was heartbroken.. I was happy my money was safe and we went our separate ways.. (I deleted his ass soon as he sent the first message!)
One thing that bugged me though was a guy who felt the need message and call me a whore, fat, ugly and more insulting names from the description of myself shown on my profile.. he was a father with a child under one year! Can't help but think of the great example he's setting for his son on how to treat a woman.. 
Not to insult them or to offend and lower myself to their level but one thing I find attractive on a guy is text speak and someone who has good grammar. Something which these guys sadly did not have.. It was so hard to try and figure out what some of them meant, I really badly wanted to comment on it but for my better nature I didn't.
I still have my profile for those I'm talking to because they are really interesting guys although I'm not actively looking for a relationship, I just know that perhaps online dating isn't for me.. I think I'm ready to delete my profile so am showing my middle finger to it and putting it down as a lesson well learnt!
So I leave you with something I came across the other day for all men out there to think about.. something which men have been saying for years.. something which I think all women should remember for future reference if ever insulted about their weight by a man..


In my head they have this expression.. because they know it's true!
Utter Disbelief
(The site (POF) in itself was amazing, great features, graphics and a really good easy to use mobile app for smart phones. I love everything about POF especially how you were able to upload private pictures. In this post I in no way want to discourage you from signing up for an account, you may have better luck than me! The only problem with POF for me were the users.There is humour in this post because if I didn't dissect a little humour it would have been a big long drone!) 
What do you think of online dating? Have you tried it? What were your experiences?

16 comments:

  1. Oh geez!! Crazy people! I can't believe these jerks had the nerve to reject you based on a photo after they reached out to you to begin with...as if they were gorgeous or something?? So much nerve. You are adorable and gorgeous and don't need to spend your time on that. Maybe there are other sites with more class?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gah! I just realised these comments! So sorry for not replying sooner! :) Thanks so much for commenting, I know it's shocking how they think they can treat some people! I think I've decided to give it a break but I will do my research next time and as you say look for more class! I (P.S Thanks for the nice things you said!)

      Delete
  2. Online dating stinks sometimes. Well, dating in general. Lots of good points. Thanks for sharing. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha I've got to agree with you! You're very welcome, thank you for commenting! :)

      Delete
  3. Yeah online dating can be rough, just like regular dating! I think having a picture up for them to see helps cut down on crap you might get because they can move on immediately... And I didn't have to know it was because they didn't like how I looked ;) I've had some REALLY bad experiences but I found it's easy once you get comfortable with it to screen out the idiots. I was able to block one guy who got possessive before he really knew me (one date) and was happy I didn't know him in real life so he had no clue where I worked or lived. ;) Hang in there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you might be right on having a picture displayed.. (I was so nervous incase someone I know saw me) Oh waow so glad that worked out well for you! Sounds like you were able to put a stop to it before it got worse! I will try :) Thanks for commenting! :)

      Delete
  4. Wow, so rude of them, but I can't say I'm surprised. Some men don't think that rules apply to them which is why they seem to ignore things like intros and profiles and general need-to-know information, lol. It's even more ridiculous that they came after you. That, ladies and gentlemen is what you call "thirsty," because clearly, they are the ones after what they can get. How are you gonna be all up on my profile wanting to see pictures but have the nerve to be rude rather than just politely disengage from the conversation? Girl, I could go on all day about this. Hopefully, though, it didn't ruin the entire dating experience for you. Great post and I appreciated the humor.

    PS: I found you in the SITS Link Up
    www.missgabbidoesmakeup.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ohh you are so right! Ah I know that's the bit that's annoying.. honestly? I just don't think they understand what BBW stands for.. I asked one guy and he really didn't have a clue so I had to tell him... :-/ haha even no reply back would have been nicer! :) Nopes it didn't ruin the entire thing which is good. Ah I'm so glad you did, thanks for commenting! :)

      Delete
  5. Stopping by from the SITS Facebook Link Up...I did a lot of online dating in the two years leading up to when I met my husband (offline). I certainly met a lot of jerks, but also a lot of very nice guys. I have no regrets because it helped me figure out what I wanted and needed. And it made me better recognize how quality my husband was when I met him. Best wishes to you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for stopping by and commenting! :) I'm so happy it helped you figure out what you wanted! Hopefully it has the same effect on me! :) Aw that really is quite sweet.. I'm so glad you told me that! Thanks for the wishes I will need them ;)

      Delete
  6. Thanks, you are right, and not in that boat alone!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha I'm quite glad of that! :) Thanks for commenting! :)

      Delete
  7. People can be so shallow and worthless. I don;t understand treating someone so poorly! I wouldn't talk to my worst energy that way! I'm sorry you had to deal with them! I was just stopping by from the Sit's girls Link up on Facebook! You blog is really fun I think I'll stick around and see what's next …lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have to agree with you, ya wouldn't talk to anyone like that. I think they thought things were different for them! :-. Thanks so much for stopping by and leaving a comment! :) Oh waow you've no idea what that means! TY :)

      Delete
  8. I actually went on a date with someone I met on match.com. Now keep in mind, we had been texting, skyping etc so he knew exactly what I looked like. Night of our date, I dress to look my best and he was so rude and quiet the whole time. Then he texted me the next day he didn't think I was as fat as I was. Rude!

    Keep your head up, those "men" are just shallow jerks that never grew up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Omg Jane I'm so sorry that happened! Sounds like you had a lucky escape from him!

      haha thank you for saying that.. it was something I need to hear! Thanks for leaving a comment, I appreciate it! :)

      Delete