A Year in my world...

31 Dec 2015

2015 will very soon come to end which is why I thought it time to sit back, relax and take a trip down the past year filled with pictures, messages and memories that I will forever cherish for the rest of my life. 

Last New Years Eve I was out celebrating dancing round a round-a-bout stopping traffic and the police having a ball! Read all about it HERE. I was convinced 2015 was going to be a year to remember which I normally say every new year but this year I was right! I am ending 2015 on a high, looking forward to the future with new dreams, hopes and aspirations! 
In April the WeAreTheThey hashtag swarmed online social media with women of ALL shapes and sizes sharing the love for their bodies whilst complimenting others all in the reflection of what TV Host/Singer Jamelia said live on Loose Women about plus-size woman! The hashtag is all thanks to Debz @ Wannabe Princess and you can read my two posts from that month regarding WeAreTheThey! (#WeAreTheThey: They shouldn't be wearing & To Jamelia We Are the They!)

The first post Debz inspired women to share pictures of themselves wearing certain that they may have been they can't wear due to size or to share memories of any time they've broken fashion rules! Here is what I featured - Whether it be too heavy for high-heels, have been told to wear flowy tops to hide my belly, not to wear tight clothing, embarrassed to show my arms and the other thing.. not being able show my legs because of the size of me! 

In May it was my dads 50th! 


In July I took the travel bug and flew off to Birmingham for Style XL, a body positivity event organised by Leah Shafik which was one of the best and worst experiences of my life! The best because I met so many incredible women who I have been following and been inspired by for quite awhile.. it was also one of the worst experiences because my anxiety took a major hit. I suffered three anxiety attacks and became incredibly un-confident in myself because of the overwhelming situation of the event and the nervousness! I always prefer to see the brighter side of a situation and am working on getting my self confidence back which I believe it working and will continue to work on. Anxiety is not something to shy or hide away from, it's not even something you should keep hidden or be embarrassed about! It's something you can help relieve and over come with determination! 



After taking a short break from blogging I decided to get very real with OCD in October HERE.

I had an amazing year and I am so ready to dive straight into 2016 and grab every opportunity with both hands.. I'm going to make sure it's an even better year! :D I met wonderful people, had so much fun and and had more highs than lows! 

I hope you have a lovely night bringing in the New Year how ever you choose to spend it and have a prosperous and healthy 2016! :) 

No comments

Post a Comment