Lights, Camera, Photoshoot!

13 Jan 2016


Do you have something you've always wanted to do? Have you dreamt of what it'd be like? How it would feel? 

Well I have! From the title and the image above you've guessed it! I've always wanted to do a photoshoot.. but not just any photoshoot, a boudoir one so when the opportunity presented itself I jumped at the chance. I was at a local event when I came across X-Perience Boudoir and immediately fell in love with the photos and how beautiful they were. After speaking to Trazanne the photographer and bombarding her with questions I was booked to attend a photoshoot..

Two months later on a cold November morning I dragged my sister with me to Belfast (obviously) to help with outfit changes and for moral support (which I needed loads off) the build up to the photo-shoot my emotions were an array of nervousness, anxiousness and excitement. The build up really adds momentum to how you feel during the whole overall experience, it fills you with this rush of confidence and adrenaline which you want to keep! 

I'm not going to lie at first I was honestly like a deer caught in headlights and ready to run for safety from the room, some of the pictures that were taken you can plainly see the nervousness in my face from my facial expressions and also the thought of prancing and dancing around in my chosen outfits didn't help either! 

During the shoot I was made to feel comfortable and those feelings of nervousness soon balanced out (not completely disappeared but forgotten about) Trazanne was amazing, she took the time to think about what would work best for me and also what I would be capable of doing.. some of those poses though? It felt like I was having a workout! 

http://www.x-perienceboudoir.com/
Having a photoshoot at X-Perience Boudoir has really changed my perspective on how I see myself. The shoot was such a confidence booster that I want to do another one. Trazanne is such an incredible photographer AND make up artist that I'd book an appointment with her just to pamper myself as a treat! I plan on booking with her in the near future. 

I was nervous as could be when I went to see the the finished photos. I was shocked, surprised and utterly amazed at how they turned out, at how I'd turned out! I looked and felt (dare I say it) sexy, beautiful and elegant. As I looked on at these photos I kept thinking to myself that can't be me, that girl looks stunning but in the end I realised it was me and that feeling is something I cannot describe. 

Take a look at one of the photos from my shoot below. This is my favourite one - it's not of a pose and it a completely natural smile. I don't have many pictures of me smiling (except selfies which don't count) which is why I love this. 


Have you ever done a boudoir shoot? What was your opinion of it? 

4 comments:

  1. What a wonderful photo! Your smile in it is so lovely! I'm so happy that this was a positive experience for you. All too often, it is so easy to beat ourselves up so I am glad that this was a good reminder of how beautiful you are! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much and that is one of the nicest things I've ever read! I agree 100%! :) x

      Delete
  2. You look amazing and I'm glad you had a positive experience. :) xx

    ReplyDelete