Monday Motivation: Finance

4 Apr 2016



Today's Monday Motivation is all about Finance. It's time to keep track and record down all Money going in as well as going out! The good thing with me is I am a budgeter but also a shopaholic which means those two things don't normally go side by side. 

sherlock gossip girl racism firefly paula deen


Each month on payday I set my money aside and budget for the month ahead, rent, food, essentials, shopping plus put money away for savings. Obviously that's not everything but it's the main things. (My main things anyway) 

gossip girl

The one thing I love doing more than anything else in the world is the one thing I've already mentioned = SHOPPING! It costs the most, takes up the majority of my time and also I believe I have a talent for it but now it's time to take seriously and for the month of April I am going on a clothes, make-up AND book shopping ban! (sister and father will be so proud if I succeed)  It'll be hard, probably the toughest challenge of my life but I'm going to dig around in my closet and have a clear out as I know certain items still have the tag on them! 

I'm going to keep receipts and online records of how much I've spent in March so I am able to compare them for April and be able to see a clear indication of how much I actually spend on stuff that is needed. 

I love this quote which is why I've decided to use it as it's something I believe we all find ourselves doing at some point.

How do you budget and manage your finances? Do you have any advice, tips or resources you can share with me?

10 comments:

  1. Well… how did your shopping ban go? Did you "feel" it? Did you find enough clothes in your closet to get you through the month?

    I've been trying to limit my own shopping. I'm really particular about what I buy anymore, because I have other goals in mind that I'm wanting to achieve. Any time I see an outfit I want I ask myself "do I want the [piece of clothing] more than I want my goal?" Usually my goal wins out. I also limit how often I am at the mall or any other place I might be tempted to spend. It's easier to resist temptation when you avoid it in the first place. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. very interesting post.this is my first time visit here.i found so mmany interesting stuff in your blog especially its discussion..thanks for the post! website updates

    ReplyDelete
  3. This particular is usually apparently essential and moreover outstanding truth along with for sure fair-minded and moreover admittedly useful My business is looking to find in advance designed for this specific useful stuffs… Australian Domain Name Registration

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is the accurate description of my experience with them as well. The made learning brand marketing very fun and ear for me. It really helped me a lot, especially as I'm just starting my new business. business people

    ReplyDelete
  5. I recently came across your blog and have been reading along. I thought I would leave my first comment. I don't know what to say except that I have enjoyed reading. Nice blog. I will keep visiting this blog very often. small business marketing agency

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cool you write, the information is very good and interesting, I'll give you a link to my site. Email Extractor

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for picking out the time to discuss this, I feel great about it and love studying more on this topic. It is extremely helpful for me. Thanks for such a valuable help again. Solicitude de visado estadounidense

    ReplyDelete
  8. I wish more authors of this type of content would take the time you did to research and write so well. I am very impressed with your vision and insight. 印度商務簽證

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for such a fantastic blog . Turkish visa for Indians is a single entry travel document which grants the Indians people to visit and stay in turkey.

    ReplyDelete