Local Loves: The Belfast Barge

20 Apr 2018

Imagine this - A small picturesque barge moored in the city centre of Belfast opposite the Waterfront Theatre offering a relaxing, calm and friendly restaurant serving quality, locally sourced dishes that anyone can enjoy. 


Well no need to imagine as that's exactly what you can experience at The Belfast Barge. I love dining out and it's even better when you try somewhere new. To me there's nothing better after a long (or short) day sitting down and enjoying a lovely meal with someone. 

Being a vegetarian that necessarily doesn't eat vegetarian food can be a bit difficult when eating out. It's something I used to be embarrassed about but now I order without caring what anyone thinks and look forward to trying out the cuisine. 

What I ordered: 
Starter - Leek and Potato Soup 
Main - Mash, Veg & Chips
Dessert - Sticky Toffee Pudding





Thoughts: 

For me the Leek & Potato soup was both presented lovely and tasty. I was full after just eating nearly it all. I knew if I hadn't of stopped my main would have been staying on the plate especially with the mouthwatering wheaten bread. 

I ate every pick of my dinner and if that isn't reason enough to try out this wonderful place then I honestly don't know what could persuade you. My first time trying Sticky Toffee pudding and it's definitely something I will be re ordering. It was delicious. 

With it's relaxing and intimate dining The Barge makes you breathe a sigh of relief knowing that no matter what you order, the food is going to be lovely. 

Have you been to the Barge Belfast? What do you think of the food? Let me know in the comments below. 

No comments

Post a Comment