Happy International Women's Day 2019

8 Mar 2019


Happy International Women's Day

On International Women's Day I'm normally one for sharing quotes, songs, speeches all for women's rights, empowering us females to do better, be better and kick ass when we can although they all don't hold the same meaning for me today, I also believe we're doing pretty well and it's okay to take a break from taking over the world.

From Rosa Parks to Marie Curie who shaped the life women are able to have today with their fight for equal rights, difference and also gave us the motivation to never stop fighting. To the girl sitting on the bus that's yawning, the baby that's crying or the lady that's in the hospital bed. We are all worth talking about and commending for life. We all go through our trials and tribulations but that's apart of this world we live in and I believe we've done a pretty good job of shaping the world we live in today.


I want to celebrate, give a pat on the back or a virtual hug to the women that may need it. The women working all hours to provide for their families or to better themselves, suffering from chronic pain, anxiety, depression, friends that offer a listening ear when they, in fact, need it more, the daughters, mothers, sisters, cousins, friends, nieces and grandmothers who go through life being there perfectly imperfect selves being happy and fulfilled building up their families and friends. They're the women that motivate, inspire and make me encourage myself to be better.

Below is just a few pictures of the women that have impacted my life in some way within the last year and I'm grateful to have them in my life.


Have a listen to the songs that are on my playlist for International Women's Day



Who are women that inspire and motivate you? Is there a song that's on repeat today? Let me know in the comments below. 

No comments

Post a Comment