A Datey Date To Remember - Bowling & Crazy Golf

15 Aug 2020

On Tuesday I had a date where I went Ten Pin Bowling then onto play crazy golf which I'm still smiling about whilst writing this post as I had so much fun and hope to do it again soon..

We opted for the Dundonald Ice-Bowl and I was so pleased with everything they had set up in place regarding social distancing and also witnessing myself after a family had left how thorough they are cleaning everything used making me feel more comfortable and relaxed in the space around me. The customer service was excellent and I would encourage you if you're local to go and check it out for yourself and show support to the local places around us. Not just that but when you go Crazy Golfing be sure to pick up a loyalty card and for every 4 stamps, you earn a free 18 hole game to enjoy! If that's not reason enough I don't know what is.

For a week or two before though I was running my mouth telling L I was going to beat him and win... it's quick to say that didn't happen and he won... all games. *rolls eyes* I'm blaming it on the fact it's been roughly 10+ years since the last time I played and he just got lucky.. I'll win next time! Also, I was wearing flats which made me feel so tiny when I usually wear boots.. height must matter in bowling. 



As you can tell from the scores I need a lot of practice and even if he was the best cheerleader for saying 'you got this' every time to me 'cause I definitely didn't. He on the other hand was actually really good even providing tips and techniques I should try. (We'll keep it between us I said that)

The crazy golf I enjoyed so much more mainly due to the moving around and it was something I've wanted to try for many years - definitely not down to the many sexual innuendos I was saying that was keeping me entertained or that I got the ball in the hole first time, excitedly on the one he said he struggled with which resulted in me jumping like an idiot on the spot! I also managed to hit the ball in the water, the bushes, and nowhere near where it was meant to. But.. next time! Right? We decided on the 36 holes but when he mentioned it entailed two hours on our feet I was not amused though it's true what they say... time flies when you're having fun. Even in new shoes. 

This is the first-ever real fun date I've had in my dating history that wasn't lunch or coffee and although I love those dates because of Timbits and pizza. This was honestly the best date I've been on that allowed me the opportunity to break out of my comfort zone, let go, and honestly get lost in the moment. I can't recommend enough to others - Have a fun date! Laugh your butt off and allow yourself to jump on the spot, smile like a goof, and loosen up! You won't have the awesome company I did. But it'll be worth it.

What do you think of these two ideas for a date? Have you been on any dates post-lockdown? Are there any date ideas you recommend I try? Let me know in the comments below.

8 comments:

  1. These two ideas are cute. My favourite kinda date is always be a picnic date. I think I can do that using Skype or FaceTime.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ohh I've never went on a Picnic Date but it's definitely something I'd want to try! Great idea!

      Delete
  2. This sounds like such a great date. The important thing is to have fun with someone, especially when deciding if you want to be with them or not. Doing activities like this also reduce that awkward silence moment.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! You are 100% right it's the company that makes the date so special. You need to see them having fun to really get to know them. :)

      Delete
  3. These sound like such fun dates. I'd love to go on a bowling date but there aren't any venues in my part of the world. No crazy golf either. But there's an arcade I'd love to go to, now I just have to find a date ��

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm so surprised to hear that and sorry that there isn't any! Ohh now I want to plan an arcade date as well! *fingers crossed* on finding a date!

      Delete
  4. I love love love this. I adore crazy golf. Ghetto golf was my worst date in history but THAT was due to the absolute loon ball it was with the actual place, game and vibe were amazing and I would 100% go back. Bowling is an all time favourite I LOVE active dates, especially competitive ones, they get the banter going and allow you to see a side to eachother people rarely see on a first date I just love it. Loved reading this it filled me with a giddy little excitement. And all I could think of when you said full of innuendos was 'ha, in your endo' so I got pulled in there �� fab. And here's to many more with L �� xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It's so much fun! I've never heard of Ghetto golf! Oh dear, sorry it was with a loon ball! Hopefully you'll go back to rectify that date! You're so right, it's great to get the banter flowing and just have an easy going laugh. Thank you so much, I'm so glad to hear! I was so bad for the innuendos so I'm glad it made you think of that haha *Fingers crossed* plenty more with L! <3 xx

      Delete